Heat Stress at Work
The heat stress at work training course aims to consider the dangers associated with working in a hot and humid environment and to identify risk reduction techniques.
Who will benefit from this course:
Employees, the self-employed, and particularly persons who are required to work in hot and or humid environments and need to understand heat stress at work safety.
- Introduction – (5 mins) – Looks at the different factors which can lead to heat stress.
- Workers at Risk (5 mins) – Considers the working environments where heat stress is likely to be a problem.
- Causes of Heat Stress (5 mins) – Explains the causes and symptoms of heat stress.
- Effects of Heat Stress (10 mins) – Looks at the five forms of heat stress; heat rash, fainting, heat cramps, heat exhaustion and heat stroke.
- Preventing Heat Stress (5 mins) – What you can do to reduce the risk.
- Risk Assessment (5 mins) – What a heat stress risk assessment will need to consider.
- Self Test (10 mins) – The self-test presents 15 questions covering modules 1 to 6.
Results are stored for later retrieval by training supervisors.
The average course completion time is: