Introduction to PPE
The introduction to PPE online training module aims to provide training for all users of Personal Protective Equipment and ensure a users responsibilities are appreciated under the PPE regulations 1992
Who will benefit from this course:
All employees required to wear Personal Protective Equipment.
- Introduction – (5 mins) A brief explanation of the overall aims of the course.
- Legislation Overview – (10 mins) Explains why the PPE at Work Regulations were introduced and highlights items of PPE which are covered by the Regulations.
- Employers’ Duties – (10 mins) Explains employers obligations to provide PPE, appropriate accommodation for PPE, and information and training. This module explains why PPE must be provided as a last resort.
- Your Obligations – (5 mins) Describes the correct use and storage of PPE.
- Training Requirements – (5 mins) Outlines the need for appropriate information and training.
- General Points – (up to 30 mins) This module enables the user to access information and helpful advice on the selection and correct use of a wide range of PPE. The module is menu driven: users need only access information of particular relevance to them.
- Self Test – (10 mins)
The average course completion time is: