The online Legionnaires Disease training course is designed to explain the health risks associated with the legionella bacteria and the measures which can be taken to reduce the risk.
Who will benefit from this course:
All employees whose work brings them into contact with water sources such as cooling towers, air conditioning systems and hot or cold water service systems.
- Introduction (5 mins) – Describes the symptoms of legionnaires´ disease and how it is contracted.
- What the Law Says (6 mins) – Explains the duties of employers and manufacturers of water systems.
- Risk Assessment (6 mins) – Looks at what a risk assessment must cover and the control measures which may need to be taken.
- Water Treatment Methods (5 mins) – How legionnaires´ disease can be controlled by temperature, and by various water treatment methods.
- Cooling Towers (8 mins) – How to control legionella in cooling towers which use water as a heat exchange mechanism.
- Hot & Cold Water Systems (5 mins) – How to prevent the proliferation of legionella in hot and cold water service systems.
- Self Test (5 mins) – 20 questions covering each of the previous 6 modules. Results are stored for later retrieval by training supervisors.
The average course completion time is: