Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998 (LOLER)
To explain the requirements of the Lifting Operations & Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998 (lifting regulations LOLER).
Who will benefit from this course:
Employers, employees, self employed and any other person who has control of lifting equipment, its use or those who use it.
- Introduction – (10 mins) – What is, and what isn´t, covered.
- Strength & Stability – (10 mins) – Lifting equipment, and its load.
- Lifting Persons – (10 mins) – Equipment used for lifting people must be safe to use
- Positioning & Installation – (10 mins) – Permanent lifting equipment must be installed, and mobile lifting equipment must be positioned, to prevent striking, drifting, falling freely or being released unintentionally.
- Marking – (10 mins) – Lifting equipment must be clearly marked to indicate its safe working load (SWL).
- Lifting Operations – (10 mins) – All lifting operation must be properly planned by a competent person and carried out safely.
- Examination & Inspection – (10 mins) – Examinations and inspections based on an assessment of risks, equipment and use.
- Reports & Defects – (5 mins) – reporting of identified defects in lifting equipment
- Keeping Information (5 mins) – records of all inspections etc made available to the authority.
- Self Test – (10 mins)
20 questions covering each of the previous 9 modules. Results are stored for later retrieval by training supervisors
The average course completion time is: