Noise at Work
The noise at work training course explains noise, the damage it can do, and the steps which should be taken to prevent such damage from noise in the workplace. Noise at workplace training covers both employers’ and employees’ obligations under the noise at work regulations.
Who will benefit from this course:
Employers, managers, employees particularly those whose work exposes them to excessive noise.
- What is Noise? – (5 mins)
- Describes the difference between noise and sound and explains how the ear functions.
- Noise and Deafness – (15 mins)
- Looks at the causes of hearing loss and deafness.
- Quantifying Noise – (10 mins)
- Explains: the Decibel Scale and dB(A); the significance of 80 dB(A) and 85 dB(A);
- Equivalent Continuous Level (Leq); Daily Personal Noise Exposure (Lep,d);
- The Control of Noise at Work Regulations 2005 – (Employers: 15 mins – Employees: 5 min)
- Covers both employers’ and employee’s obligations and responsibilities.
- Ear Protection – (10 mins)
- Illustrates the correct use of ear defenders and ear plugs.
- Self Test – (5 mins)
Contains 20 questions covering modules 1 to 5.
The average course completion time is:
1 hour for employers
50 minutes for employees