To raise awareness of the lawful requirement to conduct risk assessments and explain the process to enable the production of workplace risk assessments.
Who will benefit from this course:
Employers, managers, supervisors particularly those who control the work of others.
- What is Risk Assessment ? – (10 mins) Outlines the legislative requirements and defines the terms ‘risk assessment’, ‘hazard’ and ‘risk’.
- What Should a Risk Assessment Do ? – (10 mins) Outlines the steps which comprise any risk assessment and gives guidance to persons carrying out a risk assessment.
- Looking for Hazards – (15 mins) Hazard spotting, incl. those with technical causes and those which are a feature of both the task and the workplace.
- Conducting & Recording a Risk Assessment – (20 mins) How to produce “suitable and sufficient” risk assessments as required under health and safety legislation.
- Risk/Hazard Control – (10 mins) Control measures, hierarchy of risk control and how to apply them.
- Maintaining Risk Assessments – (10 mins) Techniques to be used to ensure risk assessments remain valid.
- Worked Example – (10 mins)
- Self Test – (15 mins) Twenty five questions to test the student’s understanding of the course. Results are stored for later retrieval by training supervisors.
The average course completion time is: