Safe Manual Handling
The safe manual handling or manual handling regulations training course as it is also known, explains the basic principles of correct manual handling, and the injuries which can be caused by poor lifting technique in accordance with manual handling regulations.
Who will benefit from this course:
All employees, particularly those whose work involves a disproportionate level of manual handling.
- Introduction – (10 mins) Describes the high accident rate caused by poor manual handling and explains how everyone is at risk.
- Reducing the Risk – (10 mins) Outlines the measures which employers should take to protect the workforce, but stresses that employees also have a major role to play by recognising, and reporting if necessary, activities which force them into bad postures.
- Your Back – (15 mins) Explains how poor handling technique can cause injury to the spine, and why some injuries cause permanent disability. Contains back strengthening exercises.
Good Handling Technique – (15 mins) How to lift and move objects and people safely.
- Team Lifting – (10 mins) Basic principles of team lifting.
- Pushing and Pulling – (10 mins) Techniques which may be used to avoid lifting.
- Self Test – (10 mins) Twenty questions to test your understanding of the course.
The average course completion time is: