Safe Working at Heights
The safe working at heights online training course encourages the adoption of safe practices whilst working at height and provides instruction in the correct use of access and safety equipment.
Who will benefit from this course:
Employers, managers and all employees whose work exposes them to work at height.
- Introduction – (10 mins) The requirements of the Work at Height Regulations 2005.
- Ladders, Step Ladders and Trestles – (15 mins) Illustrates the correct way to use ladders, stepladders & trestle platforms, and highlights the dangers of their misuse.
- General Access Scaffolds – (5 mins) Essentials for safe work on scaffolds explained.
- Tower Scaffolds – (10 mins) How to use a tower scaffold safely.
- Mobile and Suspended Access Equipment – (20 mins) Safe use of MEWPs, temporary cradles, mast platforms, boatswains chairs and rope access equipment.
- Roof Work – (10 mins) The dangers of working on fragile roof surfaces. Roof ladders, guard railed platforms and safety harnesses.
- Falling Objects – (5 mins) How to prevent objects and materials falling from working platforms.
- Inspection – (5 mins) Explains the requirements for daily checks of places of work and weekly inspections of work equipment.
- Self Test – (10 mins) 25 questions randomly selected from a bank of 45 questions. Results are stored for later retrieval by training supervisors.
The average course completion time is: