The safety matters training module explains and raises understanding of basic Health & Safety issues, requirements and duties in accordance with health and safety regulations.
Who will benefit from this course:
All employees, particularly inductees and young people requiring basic health and safety training.
- Manual Handling – (10 mins) Demonstrates correct handling techniques.
- Persons Falling – (10 mins) Prevention of falls from heights and at ground level.
- Machinery – (10 mins) Emphasises the need for training before use.
- Hazardous Substances – (10 mins) Dangers of different types of substances.
- Fire & Explosions – (10 mins) Main causes of fires and explosions.
- Transport – (10 mins) Risks from various types of transport found on site.
- Electricity – (10 mins) Correct use of properly tested electrical tools.
- Stepping on and Striking Objects – (10 mins) Good housekeeping in the workplace.
- Self Test – (10 mins) Twenty questions to test the users understanding of the course.
The average course completion time is: