To explain the hazards associated with welding and safe working practices recommended for all welding tasks.
Who will benefit from this course:
Welders and employees whose work exposes them to welding tasks.
- Fire Safety – (25 mins) Fire risks, the controls and precautions necessary to ensure personal and work place safety.
- Fumes And Gases – (15 mins) Hazards of fume and gases encountered during welding operations. First aid for fume and gas inhalation.
- Personal Safety – (15 mins) Personal protective equipment and other hazard prevention techniques.
- Safety In Work Areas – (15 mins) Safe handling and storage of gas cylinders. Other hazards e.g. welding in confined spaces.
- The Safe Use Of Equipment – (15 mins) Maintenance and handling of welding equipment.
- Self Test – (15 mins)
Twenty questions to test the student’s understanding of the course. Results are stored for later retrieval by training supervisors.
The average course completion time is: